I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

▼

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Please don't click on analog's links

Some dude named analog is spamming the comments with well read, thought out posts that include a link to a DirectTv spam site. While I appreciate my readers, even ones who spam, analog has chosen the absolute worst day of the week to do this. I've already wasted five minutes I didn't have on this crap and I now have to choose between:

  • Cleaning up his mess
  • Taking my kid to camp
  • Going to work

I can only do two of three this morning, so please don't click on those links because I honestly don't know if it is safe or not. I'll clean up the mess this evening.

Stuff like this is going to make me quit this gig altogether....

8 comments:

--David said...

I have become more and more aware of these kinds of things as time has gone on. I point my mouse to the user's name without clicking to check the url first. If it is not a profile page, or I cannot tell if it is one, then I don't click. If I need to contact that person, I just do the "APB" new post and ask for the info I need. I hate doing that, but some of these folks have left me no choice...

beardy said...

Analog got me too. Luckily, I'm on a work computer and no better than to click on random links.

Chris Harris said...

Yes my friend...
I agree with your views...
I hate people who spam.
Thanks a lot for this sharing ....

click here

bailorg said...

Don't worry about this nonsense. Please keep up your great work.

Wrigley Wax said...

He got to me too. I have enable word verification. Hopefully that stops the problem.

Steve Gierman said...

analog has left me alone, but I got hit yesterday by one. Unfortunately, it comes with the territory.

ManOfSteal said...

I also got hit by analog, on about 5 of my more recent posts. They are easy enough to delete, but I still had to track them all down, which takes times,and is pretty annoying.

skoormit said...

If you quit this gig, there will be a small riot.

No pressure or anything.

Post a Comment