I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

▼

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sympathy for the Devil

Ok, so Upper Deck isn't really the Devil. Richard McWilliam is barely a lesser demon at best. Even so, I felt so bad today about Upper Deck getting their license yanked that when I dropped by Target to pick up some chicken for dinner, I packed up a pick of Philadelphia and UDX to show my support for the fallen franchise.

That's right, I willingly purchased a pack of UDX.

No really, I actually bought it. I didn't shoplift it or anything. Really and truly paid for it. With cash. Which is just as good as money.

I am not in a position to scan the cards at the moment, but I will give brief one sentence first glance reviews of the two products:

2009 Philadelphia Football:


O-Pee-Chee for pigskin.

2009 UDX:

Somehow bolder and uglier than last year.

I'll give a more fleshed out account of my feelings towards these products tonight, assuming I can stay awake that long.

UPDATE: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

4 comments:

McCann Can Triple said...

So much hate for poor UDX.


Did your Target have any blasters of UDX? Mine didn't. Juts retail packs.

BigD said...

I just bought a few packs of each yesterday. I'm a sucker for any new product. At least once! Check out my Philly review, UDX well... same as last year.

Mark Aubrey said...

I thought that Bud Selig was the Devil.

madding said...

Wake up! Where's your John Smoltz tribute/gloating post?

Post a Comment