I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

▼

Monday, November 19, 2007

Kill the Fattened Calf


The Prodigal son has returned.
1999 Skybox Metal Oh Atlanta! #23
2003 Topps Gallery Heritage GH-TG
2000 Pacific Invincible Aces del Diamante #3
1992 Fleer Smoke n' Heat #7
1997 Pinnacle Museum Collection #154
2002 Topps Five Card Stud Relic SK-TG
1991 Dubuque Braves
2003 Donruss Diamond Kings Season Stat Lines #9
Serial Numbered 019/127
2002 Topps206 #421999 Topps Tek #30A P-19
2002 Fleer Box Score All Star #253
Serial Numbered 1986/2950
Pacific Private Stock PS-206 #5
2001 Pacific Ornaments #22
1992 Fleet Career Highlights #6
1997 Bowman #236
2002 Topps206 TR-TG

2002 Topps Gold #390
Serial Numbered 0247/2002
2002 Topps Gallery #48
1990 Fleer #583
2006 Topps #262

11 comments:

Andy said...

how much less did he take? his option with the Mets that he declined was worth a lot more wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

What is up with that Christmas ornament card? Good Lord! I nominate it for the ugliest card in the post.

dayf said...

Andy - He took a 1 year 8 million dollar deal, so he left five mil on the table to get out of New York. Smoltz and Schilling are also getting 8 mil, so it must be the going rate for future hall of famers whose arm might fall off at any time. Maddux got 10, but he might pull a Satchel and pitch until he's in his 50s.

Joey - it looks better in person, but it is a really goofy card. Pacific actually included a little string along with the card so any pack you got with an ornament was all poofed up and cockeyed. I don't know if you ever bought any Pacific cards back in the '90s but this is one of their more subdued designs.

Kevin said...

Personally, I'm still hoping Fernando Valenzuela makes a comeback in Dodger blue. Who doesn't love that guy?

Anonymous said...

I am not a Glavine fan but I can appreciate the effort that went into this great post. Nice cards!

-Wax Heaven

Steve Gierman said...

I've always considered Glavine to be a Brave. Glad to see he's back where he belongs.

--David said...

Good heavens! That Diamond Kings card makes look like he already in his 60's! What a horrific portrait!

I've always liked Glavine, and I'm glad he's back in Atlanta where he belongs. Maybe this is a trend - older players returning to their "roots" (i.e. Lofton, et al).

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

dayf said...

Oy, Gevalt. Only Tom Glavine could attract Portuguese Spam.

Also, he had a 3 million dollar buyout from the Mets, so the net discount to come to Atlanta is 2 million bucks.

Andy said...

But I don't think he got that $3 million from the Mets...I believe he opted out of the contract, which I assume means he forfeited the buyout.

dayf said...

I found the buyout info here:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/braves-sign-tom.html#comments

From Rob Neyer's blog:

"He's taking a financial hit, too. Not a big one. He could have remained a Met and earned $13 million in 2008. The Braves are going to pay him $8 million, plus the Mets owe him $3 million as a sort of parting gift. So he's cost himself $2 million."

Neyer is ESPN insider though so I can't confirm it.

Post a Comment