I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

▼

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Someone kick the Transmogrifier

The Code Transmogrifier at Toppscards.com got hopelessly stuck on late '80s Hall of Famers yesterday again . Don't believe me?


I have 7 more screencaps of this, don't make me post them all. 


Luckily, Eisner looked up momentarily from counting all his money and gave the machine a swift kick. Perhaps too hard...


It didn't help much, but after a couple of hours a '60's card finally broke through:


Wait a minute... am I reading that right?


I guess I am reading that right. How have I never heard of Dick Lines before?? Someone alert Great Sports Names Hall of Fame. It's back to crap again now though. I guess I'm going to be sitting on these three codes I have for a loooong time at this rate.

5 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I've been sitting on two codes as well. It actually shot out a 1964 Sandy Koufax this morning. Of course it was surrounded by late 1980s cards.

PunkRockPaint said...

I saw the Dick Lines yesterday as well, and decided to take a chance with a code that I had been holding for OVER 24 HOURS!

I got a '72 Ken Henderson...

I decided that Mr. Lines would fit nicely into my collection. Unfortunately, the only comparable card I had to trade was a '67 Casey Cox...

I figured that would be a good straight up trade. I decided it was better to hold onto my Cox, let it hang out for a while, look for a better fit.

(true story)

SpastikMooss said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

Gottahaveitgottahaveitgottahaveit!

But will my 1978 Pete LaCock be enough for a 1967 or 1968 Dick Lines? Only time will tell.

Cardboard Icons said...

did 2 redemption yesterday, received: 87 Topps Pete Rose and 89 George Brett (again)

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

I gave up waiting and used my rainy day code. Got a '87 Yount which I traded for a card I needed. Does anybody know if they are continuing this in series 2 and u&h? I have a cynical feeling Topps is saving the "best" for last...

Post a Comment