I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

▼

Saturday, August 14, 2010

This is the most awesomest video about trading cards you will watch all year

Jeff Edelstein of the Trentonian found some old T59 Tobacco cards at a flea market. Unfortunately, they were all glued to some cardboard. This did not deter Jeff. Watch this video to see what he did to rectify the situation.

I might have to try that on a couple of my cards. Hell, I did it all the time when I collected stamps. What's the worst that could happen?

2 comments:

BASEBALL DAD said...

That was an amazing find. I used to collect stamps also and did the same thing.Back in those days they may have used a flour/water paste which is perfect for soaking off.

MrMopar said...

Thanks for the link. I watched and read the article and I don't think I personally believe boiling a card to do that is deceptive. Other than removing a part that didn't belong to begin with, I don't see anything being altered. I have a few cards that obviously got wet and one time. They are warped and no longer have that nice smooth finish, but I assume they were not press dried, but rather left out in the open to curl and wrinkle.

Post a Comment