I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Setsmas All Year Round - Day 8: Junk Food

True facts: One of the first trading cards I ever had if not THE first card* was a 1978 Burger King card acquired in Toronto on a family trip. That card was of a Tiger and is long gone like my memories of that trip. If it even happened, I don't really know for sure because I was 5 and I can't even remember what I ate for lunch yesterday let alone confirm crap that happened almost 40 years ago. I do know I have this '78 Yankees BK team set because I found the scans in my draft folder. I thought I had posted it already but I forgot. I also forgot who sent me this many years ago, sorry and thanks. Man, it's a drag getting old.  


Yeah I know. Yankees. Everyone hates the Yankees. Well I liked, like and will always like the Yankees. Up to the moment Don Mattingly retired at least. All subsequent Yankees teams suck and can go chew on tinfoil. Not crazy about Burger King either, The grease makes me feel oogy and screws up all the numbers in my blood tests. Oh boy did I like their onion rings when I was a kid though. Man, it's a drag getting old.  

This set is cardboard onion rings. Mmmmmmmmmm.

*The official 'first card' is now a 1980 Topps Mike Schmidt. It can be seen in my first post. My goodness that was over a decade ago. Man, it's a drag getting old.  

3 comments:

Hackenbush said...

The first part of your post sounds a lot like me. That set has a serious amount of talent. No surprise they won 100 games.

Hargrave Heating said...

Loved this post.

Hotel Sita International said...

Hotels Near New Delhi Railway Station, Hotel Near New Delhi Railway Station, Budget Hotel Central Delhi Budget Hotel In Delhi, Budget Hotel Near New Delhi Railway Station, Hotels In Central Delhi,
Budget Hotel Central Delhi
Budget Hotels In Delhi Paharganj