I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Guessing time

Ok, I got this here out of a rack pack tonight.


I have amassed a small pile of codes now, enough so that if the '50s switch is ever thrown again I might be able to snag one or two. Since I haven't redeemed a code in months I'm going to redeem this one sometime after midnight and before 8:00am. Depends on when I fall asleep, really.

If anyone can guess which card (year & player) I pull out of the transmogrifier I'll send you a prize. If no one hits it on the nose, I'll consider a lesser prize if someone gets the player or the year. Winner gets a random autograph, a card of the player they picked, a card from the year they picked and some assorted detritus I want out of my house. If no one is even close, you'll get nothing and like it. Start guessing.

29 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

1981 Stan Papi.
I hope I am wrong, for your sake.
Right for mine.

I Don't Know....3rd Base said...

1980 Aurelio Rodriguez

Roy said...

1993 Jose Rijo #165

Offy said...

Just because someone has to get one, I'm going to say you hit the lottery ticket and get the 2010 Strasburg.

SpastikMooss said...

2001 Joe Randa

Jeremy said...

Since I've already redeemed all the 2007 cards, I think you won't pull one of those.

My guess is:

1973 Roberto Clemente

Ben G said...

a 1993 SF Giant.

wolverine musings said...

1979 Alan Trammell

dfwbuck2 said...

1987 george brett

night owl said...

1985 Jerry Don Gleaton.

TheRealDFG said...

2010 Stephen Strasburg

What? It could happen.

Anonymous said...

1987 Topps Pete Rose

Chris Stufflestreet said...

1977 Fred Patek

Anonymous said...

The "Topps" being redundant, of course. Stupid Thorzul.

Verification word: vagger
Not even touching that one.

cynicalbuddha said...

1987 Kirby Puckett

Community Gum said...

2003 Chipper Jones. You know, since you always pull Chippers.

Cardboard Icons said...

1986 Topps Eddie Milner

dayf said...

if two people pick the same card the first one to post gets it.

hint hint dogfacegremlin.

Captain Canuck said...

1977 Biff Pocaroba

Swag said...

2009 Chris Young
(sorry hadda do it)

Jonathan @ RGB Cards said...

2005 Gabe Kapler

Matt P. said...

1990 Bill Spiers (George Canale photo)

gritz76 said...

'87 Tony LaRussa. Man, if I win, the prize will totally suck!

Play at the Plate said...

2001 Todd Stottlemyre

TJ said...

1987 Don Slaught. It doesn't get much more random than that.

Unknown said...

1987 Mike Schmidt

gcrl said...

1967 bob lee

Kevin said...

1992 Fred McGriff

dayf said...

The dismal results:

http://cardjunk.blogspot.com/2010/06/results.html