I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The results

Ok I entered my code at 7:34am. I was going to do it last night but people kept guessin' so I let the insomniacs have their fun. Before I show you the final result, here's an important announcement:


Stop making these ludicrous trade offers. The only person who is going to trade a vintage card for a 2000 Todd Greene is a 2 year old, someone with brain damage or Todd's mom. Even if you do manage to pull off this trade, you're a bad, bad person. The other two are acceptable. Try to do that.

I know you're all frothing at the mouth wanting to know if I pulled TEH STRASSBORG ZOMG so I will make you wait no longer.

My card:



(epic fail)

Not sure if I could have thought up a worse card than that, but hey, that's what happens when you gamble. Looking at the guesses and....

No one guessed 2006 or Desi so no winner today. Jonathan @ RGB cards was the closest with a guess of 2005 Gabe Kapler, but close only counts in horseshoes and deep water oil rig inspections. I might have to redeem all my cards this way just so horrible commons that I already have can be made interesting. Stay tuned for more Topps shenanigans!

4 comments:

Jonathan @ RGB Cards said...

That reminds me, I need to long on and reject all the ludicrous trade offers for my '71 Luis Tiant and '71 Curt Blefary.

At least I didn't win a deep water oil rig.

SpastikMooss said...

"but close only counts in horseshoes and deep water oil rig inspections."

*ba dum dum crash* - I chuckled.

Also, the '81 Trammell is a nice card to trade for because it rules and there are a lot of it in the Transmorgifier - I had like 5 in my collection at one time.

Todd Uncommon said...

Man, I think I'd rather get a Desi Arnaz than that Relaford.

I feel for you; I hope that anti-Strapsborg doesn't ever come in contact with a Strapsborg. The resulting cardboard explosion would make the world look like a UPS commercial.

gritz76 said...

Do we have the same account? I have the Trammell and Rojas Cards. So in effect we get the same annoying trade requests! Now I don't have to do my own post on the subject. Thanks!