I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, June 17, 2010

England to the rescue

I've had a Thorzulian dedication to posting the packages I've gotten in the mail recently, but a completely unexpected one came in a couple of days ago that I couldn't let pass.


Air mail? Royal Mail? The heck is this?


A customs form? Football cards? Did Canuck send me some 1990 Pro Set or something? Wait... John Arnold... He's that Pursuit of 80sness guy from England. Hey... wait a minute...

ENGLAND

FOOTBALL

COULD IT BE....


YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

PANINI WORLD CUP STICKERS


AND RANDOMNESS 
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO


BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


I've been hunting down packets of Panini World Cup stickers like Caspar Gutman chasing down the Maltese Falcon and John sees boxes and boxes of 'em at every newsstand. He was kind enough to send 8 packs here to the colonial wilderness. Here's the first one:



I'm officially rooting for England now. Which means I probably put the curse of death on 'em but nothing can be done about that. Panini Stickers + Rik Mayall = I'm a fan of Bloody Ol' England. I haven't gotten any stickers from anyone in Sam's Club so don't give me any mess about how you're gonna get me. Here are the teams I'm rooting for the restof the tourney:

#1 England
#2 ITALIA!!!
#3 United States of CAN'T FIND ANY FOOTBALL STICKERS ANYWHERE DAMMIT
#4 Germany (One of my great great great great great grandfathers was from there or something so I'm not just jumping on a bandwagon)
#5 Anyone playing France. EFFING HEADBUTTING HANDBALLING FROGGIES

I'm ripping the other seven packs today while I watch Mexico beat the hell out of France this afternoon. If I'm feeling particularly saucy I might do a liveblog/rip.

Also: Now that I have some stickers in my hand I'm finally going to do that trade post tonight.

Also Also: Football shall invade A Pack to Be Named Later.

Gotta go, need to chill the beer and warm up the vuvuzela.  Bzzzzzzz.

6 comments:

Chuck's Used Cards said...

dayf - thank Buddah you didn't pledge you allegience to ENG-crap-LAND before they faced the USA in the big game. (I'd of killed ya)

The good news is I will be ripping some packa as well - so swapping Panini will be afoot.(too bad the set does not feature ol' butterfingers Robert Green - cause I'd send you a zillion for Tim Howard ones straight up.)

But I'll send you Sminglish players for Argie-Bargie Argentines ...

and WTF with "GO MEXICO" ? Don't you know to Yanks its the dreaded enemy ?

Enjoy the games and the rip !

SpastikMooss said...

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Todd Uncommon said...

Yes, Mr. President, I am concerned about the oil disaster in the bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Here is my question: "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?"

Todd Uncommon said...

Now I feel dense. The slogan sticker, "Ke Nako" ("It's time!") is what the rotoscoped cartoon kid says at the outset of every animated ESPN intro to Cup games.

Now I kin see how stick-ars can be useful for larnin' thangs!

Now I don't have to make up meaningless syllables for what I think the kid is saying.

If only I could only find the right translation for the "monon-non-nonga-wayyyyyyyy" intro / outro every time they leave or come back from commercials...

Chris Harris said...

NO! YOU NEVER, EEEEEEEEE... EVER SUPPORT ITALY. That's like supporting North Korea.

dayf said...

My great grandfather was from Abruzzi, My great grandmother was from Milan.

ITALIA, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

ITAAAAAAAAAAALIA!!!!!!!