I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Kid Who Could - Page 7

Well... here goes...


And the pitch... WHACK! A screaming liner a good six feet to the right of Peter who still manages to get in front of the ball and deflect it a bit. AND ANDREW STILL ISN'T SATISFIED. "I told you so..." I told you that a ten year old couldn't field a hard line drive from the bat of a major league All Star. Nope, not good enough for my team! I have to admit here that Ozzie has far more patience in this situation then I would have had. Ozzie gives some helpful coaching and hits the next ball more softly to Peter to give him a chance to practice his skills. I would be nailing screaming line drives at Andrew's head. "Oh, Peter can't field eh? BROOKS ROBINSON can't catch my hits, bitch! Here, try to catch this one! POW! And this one! WHACK! You can't catch with your face, fool! Quit bleeding and get yer ass up and PITCH!"


Unlike me, Ozzie remains cool and collected and provides an enjoyable, educational time for all. With that tiger roaming around I'm surprised that Ozzie can keep his composure. Especially when panels like this:


Are somewhat disturbingly reminiscent of this:


Which reminds me of this:


I keep telling you, comic artists are sick and like to put shocking things in their books. I don't care if the movie didn't come out for another 15 years. THEY ANTICIPATED IT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff.

Community Gum said...

I'm loving the breakdown!
Isn't it odd that Ozzie switches sides in between panels?
It's also great that all the kids are so excited that Ozzie only hit to Peter for an hour.
--Jon

gcrl said...

i'm going to go ahead and say that this kid can't. no matter what ozzie and tony the tiger would have me believe. the kid just can't.