I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Joy of a Completed Set - Mars Attacks Heritage

Thanks to a trade with I recently finished up this nasty little set. Death, horror, doom and despair. Just hike the current state of the hobby AMIRITE? To celebrate I scanned the set in plastic pages poorly and plopped 'em in Picasa to show off to the World. By the World I mean the 3 people who still check this blog regularly and about 8000 loyal spammers in Southeast Asia. Hi guys!

However, when I saw the scans after they had uploaded I realized I put a horizontal set into pages vertically. A horizontal set with scattered vertically oriented cards. A horizontal set with scattered vertically oriented cards that also has a vertical insert set. Oh, and I didn't crop the scans so when you scroll really fast up and down the pages wiggle back and forth and make you seasick and then you see a disintegrated dog and a Martian with scrambled brains and you barf.

Just make the best of it and read the fronts right to left like Manga and then read the backs left to right (going down by column of course) and then when the backs flip to vertical, well...

There's numbers on every card. Y'all are smart, I'm sure you'll figure it out. Enjoy the gruesome.


Zap! Kapow! Now I can't get dropped off jaybee's Sports Card Blogroll until at least 2015!

4 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I want this.
and I am unanimous in this.

Corky said...

Congratulations, I love the Mars Attacks sets. Cards #12 and 13 have always been my favorite cards from the set.

View From the Skybox said...

Today's cards need more violence and gore. It's what the kids watch on TV, why not on cardboard?

William Noetling said...

Tis a great set, but I notice you didn't get the 5 card lenticular set. That is pretty awesome, and the sketch cards were beauties. My set has a single sketch (by Dan Brereton, I pulled from a RETAIL PACK!) and all the inserts.

Also, they did a sequel/update set since then. Mars Attacks are awesome