I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Howdy

My name is Dayf, and I'm a cardaholic.

It has been said about me that I do not collect baseball cards so much as hoard them. My basement looks like Al Qaida set off a dirty bomb at the National Card Convention. I cherry picked packs for inserts long before it was cool. My doubles rival the inventory of many professional card sellers. If Topps bubble gum was heroin, I'd be the cast of Trainspotting. In short, I got too many damn baseball cards.

I admit, I have a problem. I also admit I'm not going to be doing anything to resolve that problem any time soon. So as long as I'm going to be an addict, I might as well be an attention whore as well and splash my debauchery on the intarwebs.

Since my drug of choice is manufactured by Topps, there will be a distinct slant toward their products on this blog. Quite frankly, I've never been all that interested in Upper Deck and their trendy shiny holgrams, give me the ratty old dog eared cards made out of actual paper and not some chemical compound any day. I'll mix it up from time to time and talk about other brands and sports and even non card related items since I have the attention span of a flea with ADD, but expect to see a lot of Topps baseball cards here.

Now granted, a blog about the obsessive compulsive behavior of an anonymous internet nerd... made by an amateur... perhaps of interest to only two or three people... may not seem very exiting to you, but quite frankly this is really just an excuse to post pictures of my collection. I mean, hell, everyone and their mother posts pics of their cats online, no one will mind me posting my '53 Mathews or '81 Niekro. Besides, since Topps refuses to post lists of all the short prints and variations they put in their heritage sets, a blog is a good way to plop it all in one spot so I don'thave to wade through 8 billion ads in a google search just to see which Turkey Red Preston Wilson is the short print.

Now, on with the show...

No comments: