I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I finally bought a pack of 2012 Topps

Note: I made a really dumb baseball card comic. Go vote for Dayf at Nachos Grande if you want more of these silly things from me.

The pack wasn't for me, it was for my son. We were at the LCS, I said he could get something and that is what he picked. I haven't bought any packs myself and I can't say I've missed it. Consider the game changed. Like any self-respecting kid he did leave his cards lying around the house to tempt mom to throw them away so I snagged the good ones out of the pack and scanned them before they hit the trash.

Here's Randall Delgado, technically the first Brave pulled out of a Topps pack this year for the household. I am so glad Ryan Dempster likes Los Angeles better than Atlanta. I just wish Randall hadn't "beaten" Kris Medlen in spring training for the 5th spot in the rotation.

Here's the guy we ultimately got from the Cubbies' garage sale. I have to say I'm happy with the way he's pitched so far and it's nice having two lefties that can start.


Here's one of the newfangled shiny gold things of a Mariner I've never heard of before. Actually, other than King Felix and the now departed Ichiro, I don't think I know any Mariners.

Finally, here's a nifty looking card of David Price. I have no idea what that award is, but it's shiny in a crystal sort of way. I really should decide if the Rays or the White Sox are my AL team now and not be a bandwaggoning douche and pick whoever gets into the playoffs. Or not. Being a douche is actually more fun.

4 comments:

P-town Tom said...

"Consider the game changed."

Well played, sir. Well played.

Scott Crawford said...

Your son done pulled one of them rascally SPs (the Price card). If it ain't been claimed yet and you ain't sealed up teh box of whatever the hell you're sending me, I'm interested.

And on the subject of gamechangers, just to let you know, I just looked at completeds on eBay for the card, and they start around 1.25. Remember when those SSP, case hit cards actually mattered to someone who doesn't collect David Price's cards?

deal said...

Former Braves and Phillies Pitcher Kevin Millwood is a Mariner. He was the starting pitcher in the Mariners ccmbined no-hitter back in May or June.

The Baseball Card Snob said...

Hector Noisi, he was part of the trade that sent Jesus Montero to the M's and Pineda to the Yankees.