I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, December 26, 2021

IT'S POGMAS TIME

 POGMAS IS HERE!!! WELL, POGSING DAY I GUESS. I ACTUALLY ENJOYED YESTERDAY INSTEAD OF WRITING BLOG POSTS. I NORMALLY CUT THESE THINGS OFF AFTER 12 DAYS BUT YOU CAN'T PLAY POGS WITHOUT A SLAMMER AND BOY DO I HAVE A WHALE OF A SLAMMER FOR YOU

 1994-95 CANADA GAMES NHL POGS HARTFORD WHALERS SLAMMER

 

THERE IS A WHOLE-ASS NHL LICENSED POG SET OUT THERE WITH 358 PLAYER CAPS AND TEAM LOGO SLAMMERS AND NO ONE REALLY TALKS ABOUT IT. IT'S A LEGIT SET AND LOOKS REALLY GOOD AND IT IS ALL BUT LOST TO THE ANNALS OF TIME. I WORKED AT ONE OF THOSE NOVELTY CARTS AT THE MALL IN COLLEGE AND WE SOLD THESE AND WHEN MY BOSS DIDN'T PAY ME ONE TIME I ACCEPTED SOME ALTERNATE REMUNERATION AND GOT A FEW OF THESE THINGS. IF I CAN FIND THEM I'LL SHOW SOME OFF IN THE FUTURE BUT THIS GLORIOUS SHIMMERY PLASTIC LUMP OF DEFUNCT LOGO IS A CROWN JEWEL OF THE COLLECTION

 

 FINALLY SOMETHING WITH AN ACTUAL POG LOGO. THE NUMBER 17 IS THE NUMBER OF THE CAP, THESE WEREN'T INSERTS THEY WERE THE FIRST 26 ITEMS IN THE CHECKLIST. A COMPLETE SET OF THESE WOULD LOOK AMAZING IN A BINDER BUT SEEING HOW THEY ARE SCARCE AS HELL AND EVEN THE PLASTIC PAGES ARE HARD TO FIND NOW I DOUBT I'LL EVER SEE ONE. SMITHSONIAN NEEDS TO STEP UP AND BUILD A MILK CAP WING FOR THE BENEFIT OF FUTURE GENERATIONS

ENJOY THE REST OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON, I'M GONNA GO DRINK AND I SUGGEST YOU INDULGE IN YOUR VICE OF CHOICE AS WELL

7 comments:

night owl said...

I know zero about pogs, but enjoyed the ride.

Fuji said...

I totally want a Sharks slammer now.

Jafronius said...

Awesome series of posts! Merry Pogsmas to all!

defgav said...

Yeah, that was fun. Kinda bums me out that I narrowly missed out on the pog craze.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Love POGs though I missed out on the fad.

Anonymous said...

The painting is true to color as seen on the website. Due to the style of how it was painted, it is best to be seen at somewhat of a distance. For example, I would not put it in a hallway where it will be seen close up. I have my painting on my home office / guest room wall at about 7 to 8 feet away and that brings it into a nice focus at that distance. It's very pretty and I'm very pleased with it. I would give five stars, but I knocked off one star because I will need to do a tiny bit of touch up on the woman's denim jeans where some yellow paint got splotched on the bent knee of the jeans and it makes it look like she has a hole in her jeans, which I don't like. canvas black paintings

Trevor Pletrello said...

Pogs! I remember we had a club in school and the teacher was a cool dude. He let us get into Pogs back in 1994 and it was a great time.

It got a little wild when Mr Humberstone told us he’d order us 100 Pogs and he mistakenly wrote PIGS on the school budget form and they sent him 100 smoked hams. Thankfully, it was around the holidays so he donated most of them.

Poison slammers were the best! I remember dropping them out of the bus window onto cars in traffic. What? I was 10!