I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, May 13, 2013

Joy of a (mostly) completed series: 2003 Topps Garbage Pail Kids

The original goal for my GPK collection was to only collect the original 15 series, but this set of 2003 "New" series (AKA series 16) fell into my lap so what the heck. It's not technically complete because I'm missing two name variants but it's close enough in my book. I've got a couple extra near sets if anyone wants 'em.


Gotta admit this is a hell of a first page for their comeback set. Lots of interesting ways of torturing the kids and I really admire Topps for turning their lamest card from the 1988 Dinosaur Attacks! set into a dang funny GPK card.



The bodily fluids start a-flowin and we get one of the creepier cards in the set with Victoria's Secret


The parody of the famous Japanese painting that I can't remember the name of right now floored me when I saw it.


Snot is my least favorite GPK trope and it's a flowin' freely on this page but Fartin' Martin makes up for it.


Not sure how Troy Destroy didn't become the new flagship character of the set. Harry Potty should have been the cover of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

3 comments:

Fuji said...

Great looking set. I've always had a soft spot for GPK cards.

Anonymous said...

The Great Wave off Kanagawa

Jeremy said...

I've always liked the GPK cards, but I've never really seen any of the newer ones except this years offering. This set looks pretty nice though. It's a goal of mine to see if I can dig up my series 7 from my parent's attic.