I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Twelve Days Of Setsmas - Day 1: Spooooky

Ha Ha!
I ATEN'T DEAD
I smell pretty funky, but the blog still lives!

In the past, I've done a Twelve Days of Cardmas series where I play off the holiday song and post 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 cards over twelve days. This is a painstaking process with lots of planning and searching through boxes and scanning and uploading and swat and blood and heartache and strife and the posts are almost universally ignored by everyone because no one reads blogs during the holidays except for weirdos (like you!).

That is a big pain in the ass and I ain't ever doing it again.

But! Since this is a joyful time and we all look forward to getting rid of this shitass of a year I'm celebrating by posting the fruits of all that stuff I was doing when I wasn't posting blogs for you to read. Building sets! Here's twelve sets over twelve days that I assembled or built or bought or maybe just had lying around in my scan folder this year. [SPOILER ALERT] (there's some GOOD ones coming up) Let's start with one suitably festive for the Holidays!


1988 Topps Fright Flicks

A late '80's take on the "You'll Die Laughing" concept from 1959 and 1973, Fright Flicks shows off gooey pics from '80s horror films and matches them with ludicrous captions. Films include Ghostbusters, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Fly, Aliens, Poltergeist, Fright Night and your favorite that I forgot about, Don't sleep on the creepy stories on the back, they're just as stupid as the fronts! See if you can spot references to Topps employees. And STICKERS! Man, these stickers are great. Who knew Freddy Krueger would have been one of the better Presidential candidates this year?



 Tomorrow: I don't know! Don't rush me!

4 comments:

Nachos Grande said...

I'm proud to be a weirdo who reads the blogs this time of year. I also like complete sets. They make my heart happy.

P-town Tom said...

I came here for the ponies.

The Lost Collector said...

Those Slimer cards are awesome.

Jean E. Godbolt said...

You should be a part of a contest for one of the finest websites on the web.

I'm going to recommend this site!