I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Twelve Days of Setmas - Day Three: Hoopy Froods

Augh!
I did real life stuff all day instead of writing blog posts!
I don't know what set to upload!
Where are my scans?!?
Everything's ruined!
I'm gonna be late!
AAAAaahhhhhhhhhh!

DON'T PANIC

1994 Cardz The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I might have posted this before, but what the hell, here it is again(?). I didn't know this set existed until I saw it paged up and wrapped in plastic hiding in a pile of old Star Wars magazines at a local antique shop. I snagged it and took it home and put the two checklist cards in the same pocket so a 100 card set could fit in 11 nine pocket pages. Have you ever wanted to read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in convenient trading card form illustrated by Steve Leialoha? Well now you can! Grab your towel and click on the images because the text is probably really tiny. Especially if you're reading this on a phone. Did you ever think you could read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in trading card on a phone?

IT'S THE FUUUUUTURE!!!!!!



 
 Tomorrow: Something Topical!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sass that hoopy Cardboard Junkie? Now there's a frood who really knows where his towel's at!

I was drawn in by the idea of a "Hitchhiker's" set... and then I saw your pages and realized I used to have some of these cards. Must've bought a pack back in the day and forgot all about them.

My problem with almost any HHGTTG tie-in is that I started off listening to the BBC radio series - and don't let anybody tell you otherwise, it started with a radio series, not the books - and I built up an image of what the characters looked like. No comic, trading card, TV show or movie has come close to what I'd imagined, so they are all, naturally, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

Adrienne M. Williams said...

Hello there, You have performed an excellent job.

I will certainly digg it and in my view recommend to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this site.