I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Metapost: busier than a three peckered goat in a butt kicking contest

The last few days have been nuts. The World Series, the opening of the Basketball season and Topps Series 3 and 2008 preview are all coinciding with my Halloween posts, booksale finds, wheeling and dealing and Allen & Ginter type set. I'm going to get to all this stuff an more in the next couple of weeks, but first I want to do a little housecleaning so some of my readers don't think I forgot about them.

First of all, I asked for anyone who had their own blog to give me a shout so I could do a little promotion.

Reader Blake owns and operates TwinsCards.com, which - quite frankly - is RIDICULOUS in the sheer amount of cool stuff they have on that site. Just the pages of cards alone is enough to keep you busy for weeks. Don't believe me? Here's the page for Topps. THAT'S JUST TOPPS. There's 4 other pages full of galleries full of every kind of Twins card you could possibly imagine. Then there's photos, autos, magazines, stats, everything Twins under the sun. Now, I'm still a little sore about that thing that happened ion 1991, mind you... But I guess Morten's kick in the Metrodome probably makes us even. Plus I sure wouldn't mind if this guy took over for Andruw in center next year.

Reader Kevin informs me that he's been working on a Baltimore Orioles site that will be much like metsbythenumbers.com (no I'm not linking to such evil things) with lots of Orioles cards. I haven't got the link to the site yet, but when I do, I'll post it. In the meantime he has cracked open a box of 1995 Stadium Club Series One that he picked up online. In the next day or so (basically whenever I can find some scans to post with the break) I'll post it here and on A Pack A Day.

Basketball season tips off today and if you like basketball cards, or just autographs in general, reader Michael's blog Which Way is Springfield? is for you. There's a cool post on Bob Pettit up today. I've got that 1999 Upper Deck Century Legends Epic Signatures card and it's sweeeeeet.

Finally, reader Chris has three sites dedicated to Topps Heritage, Bowman Heritage and Allen & Ginter. These sites are pretty much sales sites and not blogs but they have a couple of interesting tidbits like info on the '07 Nick Swisher variation so what the hell, I'll give 'em a chance.

Anyone out there with their own blog, feel free to comment and you'll get a shout out sometime soon.

Now, what do I have planned for the next few weeks? Here's what:

  • 2007 Topps Series 3 15 pack break and review. As soon as they hit Wal-Mart, expect to see a few blasters broken as well.
  • 2008 Preview review. I love the 'circus retro' look of the design.
  • 2007-2008 Topps basketball review. Find out why I am collecting this set instead of Turkey Red this year.
  • An epic trade just completed.
  • More Skeery Monsters! Halloween's not over yet...
  • 11 cards for 11 wins - 11 of my favorite Red Sox cards to commemorate their World Series victory.
  • The Allen Ginter Project - my insane attempt to collect a 120 year old type set of flags, fish and fruits. I just got three more in the mail yesterday, so I'll be posting cards 4, 7, 3, 8, 2, 9 and 1 (which you have already seen) in that order.
  • More Allen and Ginter set reviews like my N1 Editors review. With more MSPainted Allen & Ginter Prototypes! I'm still disappointed no one commented on Bert Sugar.
  • The books I picked up from that library book sale a couple weekends ago.
  • A special magazine review.
  • And more random crap that pops into my head.

Just keep on my butt if I start to slack off again. I don't want this stuff to go the way of the All Star Card ballot.

For any of you guys still reading this boring stuff (how did this post turn into a sales pitch?) here's a special treat that apparently none of you caught the first time I posted it as an easter egg. The 2008 Allen & Ginter card of Mythbuster Kari Byron. Enjoy...

No comments: