I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mission Accomplished - sort of



That Worm you gaze upon up there is a very special card. I got that sucker in yesterday's mail. It is the last short print card I need for my 2007 Allen and Ginter set. Notice I say last short print card. I still have a couple dozen commons to go, not to mention a few Perez sketch cards. Still it feels good knowing the hard part is out of the way. Or maybe not, the good card shop near me is sold out of A&G singles. I'm afraid to ask the bad card shop if they have any since they like charging quadruple for cards you actually need. Ebay 'pick em' lots seem to go for pretty crazy prices, I've been outbid on a few of them now. The guy at the flea market with the dirt cheap singles hasn't been there in weeks and might not be coming back anytime soon. Oh well, at least I have the SP's out of the way though, that's a good start.

Update: Ha! The same day I post this, the fantastic Brill Report has an article on how card manufacturers really don't give a shit about set collectors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing the Shorts. Have you looked at Sportlots to help with those regular commons?

Cooper makes a great argument in the Brill Report, thanks for linking to it in your post.