I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, November 30, 2007

The real Blues


Ya want powder blue jerseys? Well here's one for ya, or at least a little tiny shred of one. I'm not crazy about this card design from 2004 Donruss Throwback Threads, but the scrap from one of Hawk's Expos unis sure is throwback. This is where I would normally go on a five page rant about how each and every member of the Baseball Writers of America who refuse to vote Andre Dawson into the Hall of Fame are a bunch of drooling idiot troglodytes. But this isn't a post bashing Hall of Fame voters, it's a post celebrating throwback uniforms. So enjoy this three-quarter inch remnant of a formerly spectacular powder blue jersey and be thankful that unlike the backward members of the BWAA, you have sufficiently evolved enough to appreciate the beauty of such a fine uniform that was once worn by such a fine player.

Update: John Brattain is absolutely right about Dawson's teammate. It would be nice to see a pair of 'Spos going into the hall together.

4 comments:

Tragik007 said...

What a beautiful card of one of my least favorite players of all time.

darkship said...

I've been trying to find a good looking, relatively cheap, card of my favorite player in powder blue for some time! George Brett most of the stuff you see is form a white uni and that just gets old!

Bay Rat North West said...

I have a few powder blue uni cards. Not a big fan of 'em. The only one I have not figured out when he wore it was a Frank Robinson card when he was pictured on the card as a Red.

Steve Gierman said...

That is a nice card. I've never ran across a powder blue uniform card. That just gave me a big smile!