I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Two Amusing YouTube Sportkings Case Breaks

This break is epic. I'm going to use the "Steve Young Diaper" line every time I pull a crap jersey from now on.



It's actually kind of sad watching this guy go from being so excited about Dr. Price's new product to seeing his blood pressure rise after pulling the duplicate Poker player jersey card.



This one's a bonus, I found it searching for Sportkings on YouTube after I wrote the post. This guy busted six cases of the stuff. Check the sidebar, there's five more videos of busting Sportkings. I've only watched the first one so far.



These case breaks are pretty cool, it's like I get to bust some one else's wax while they pay. This kind of confirms what I originally thought about the product. The set's ok, the hits are nice, but no freakin' way is this stuff worth $400 and up for a pack. I am thinking about trying to pick up a Dominique card from the set if I can find one cheap. Heh. I just realized that the cost of all these boxes cost WAY more than my first four cars. I need to find 2 more case breaks so they all equal the price of the car I've been driving for the past 5 years. 140,000 miles or a near set of Sportkings and a bunch of random relic cards? You decide!

4 comments:

Bay Rat North West said...

Where Steve Young cards triple printed?

Anonymous said...

I had been following the Group Case Break thread over in the forums at Blowoutcards. The case breaks seem pretty cool. I may get involved in one.

dayf said...

Let me know how it goes if you do, these boxes fascinate me. It's exiting watching all these wild relic and auto cards get pulled, then horrifying to realize how much they paid for the packs.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say that when it comes to these cards, the emperor has no clothes. $400 for this crap! You can get graded Mickey Mantle cards from the 1960s, ungraded ones from the 1950s or signed 16x20s of Mantle for about the price of one of these packs. Instead, at least in the first video, the guy got autographs of Amanda Beard, Eric Heiden and Thurman Thomas, plus six cuts that are probably going to fetch about $10-$20 each, if that. Oh, and 11 different base cards that are unlicensed by the professional leagues they depict, plus a duplicate of Thurman Thomas!

I predict that if people wake up and take a look at what exactly is being sold here, Sportkings will be out of business by this time next year.

1988 Donruss, even viewed in retrospect, had about the same level of value at full retail as these!

What a joke!