I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Qick Fix 7/07

Jojo Reyes Debut

Braves lefty prospect Jojo Reyes makes his major league debut today, a call up due to John Smoltz' trip to the DL. Jojo wasn't really on the radar this spring training, but he's been lights out in the minors this year. Reyes will probably get at least two starts while he's up with the bigs, and the way Bobby likes to stick with his players, could get a lot more if he produces (see: Willie Harris, Yuniel Escobar, Jarrod Saltalamaccia, Buddy Carlyle). Kyle Davies has been awful lately, so there's an opening if he wants to take it. Better grab his 2003 Bowman and UD prospects cards while you can. I will wait for his officially sanctioned Topps '53 Rookie card with MLB rookie card logo. YA HEAR ME TOPPS! I WANT MY '53 TOPPS ROOKIE SET!!!

Griffey = Robinson

Ken Griffey Jr tied Frank Robison with his 583rd home run last night against the D-Backs. Ho-hum, just another slugging milestone. Call me when he hits 700, say, early 2009. Oh wait, that's A-Rod. Griffey's late '09.

Venus wins Wimbledon

I had my money on the blancmange, but the elder Williams sister took the crown. I was really rooting for Serena, I get those damn leg cramps all the time and I was hoping to have a Wimbledon Champ to look up to the next time I end up hobbling around with a limp.

No comments: