I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What the hell is this???

Ok, I'm wasting some time online so I do an eBay search for Allen & Ginter to see if I can take a look at some of the new cards. There's a ton of 2006 stuff, a handful of vintage stuff, a few Dice-K's, a bunch of Perez sketch cards and a 2007 Roman Emperor card of Caligula (updated link since old one died). Wait, what? I did a double take and checked the auction. Well, the card does say Allen & Ginter's 2007. So I did a search for "Allen Ginter Emperor". I found one other auction of two emperor cards from the same guy in Taiwan who was selling the first one.

Anyone know what the hell this is? An unannounced insert or something? Some guy in Taiwan with a copy of photoshop and a weird sense of humor? This thing can't possibly be real can it? PLEASE don't tell me that Topps has pulled all Michael Vick cards from their products over an indictment, BUT FREAKIN CALIGULA IS OKEY DOKEY. Excuse me, I need to go bang my head against the wall for a while.



UPDATE: I guess it's legit, eBay has a ton more Roman Emperors up for bid now. There's also a Deadly Snake insert set out there too, apparently dropping at 1 per case. It's a pretty neat tribute to all the other original A&G non-sport sets, I'd like to know how many they did. So far I only know of Flags, Emperors and Snakes.

Oh and this is rich. Michael Vick is evil and must be shunned, no longer allowed in our precious trading card sets... But JACK THE MOTHERF$CKING RIPPER is just peachy keen. You gotta be kidding me.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: I want that Jack the Ripper card very, very badly. I'll even trade you a couple Michael Vicks for him...

No comments: