I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, July 9, 2007

Quick Fix 7/9

Braves - Padres Thoughts:

Kyle Davies saved his job last night.

I don't like seeing Greg Maddux lose nearly as much as I like seeing Tom Glavine lose.

Bob Wickman gave me a splitting headache last night. It took four ibuprofen to get rid of it. At least he's not giving me Danny Kolb flashbacks. Yet.

Considering the injuries, the number of players who have completely flopped and another bad June, I'm pretty happy that the Braves are only 2 games back of the Mets going into the All Star Break. However, the thought that Chipper and Smoltz are being held together with bubble gum and duct tape while the Mets will be getting Pedro back soon has killed my good mood.

More Milestones:

Yesterday A-Rod passed Lou Gehrig and Fred McGriff on the all-time home run list, and Gary Sheffield did the same to Stan Musial and Willie Stargell. Does this sort of thing happen all the time and it's just not noted, or is this one of those once in a lifetime things? I understand we're in the golden age of home run hitting (or the dark days of the steroid crisis, depending on your point of view) but it really seems like all the planets are aligning right now.

Tony Graziani Hates Me:


Tony Graziani is the worst quarterback I've ever seen play, and being a Falcon fan that's really saying something. But if he's really as bad as I think he is, how does he keep getting paid to do it? I'm starting to think I'm actually cursing Tony every time I watch him play. He was atrocious as a Falcon, the one time I saw him in a NFL Europe game he got massacred and last night as I flipped back and forth between the Braves and the Georgia Force playoff game against the Philadelphia Soul the poor guy was getting horribly abused again. ESPN even had a montage of all the crushing hits he took at the end of the 3rd quarter. For Tony's sake, I better not watch any more football games he's a part of. I don't want to be responsible for such pain to a fellow human being.

No comments: