I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A R A M I S


I meant to include this in last night's Heritage variations post, but I forgot. Mea culpa. The card you see above (Image lovingly swiped from Saints of the Cheap Seats) is NOT a short print. It is also NOT a variation and it is NOT rare at all and is NOT worth a car payment. Most likely it's some sort of shenanigans Topps thought would be cute but it's just a base card. How do I know? The Heritage King says so, and that's good enough for me. That guy knows what he's talking about, he's like the King of Cartoons, just with Heritage instead of short animated featurettes.

If that's not good enough for you here's some evidence. Here's an eBay search for 2009 heritage aramis 95. As of this posting, there were 9 results (including team sets!) and 12 results in buy-it-now eBay stores. There were about 1 or 2 copies of each of the super short prints on eBay when I checked last night. If that doesn't convince you that it's not rare, then go ahead buy this one for a buck.

The only 'corrected' version of this card is in the regular, refractor and black refractor chrome versions of the card. These have the full name on the bottom. I've also heard a rumor about an Andy Pettitte misspelling, but I don't have time to chase after any more phantoms right now. Trust the King.

3 comments:

capewood said...

I pulled the Aramis card from a hobby box I opened yesterday. I was wondering what the deal was. I also pulled a Pettitte card. And yes, is name is spelled Pettite in the front.

capewood said...

I also have the "Pettite" card on the 3-card advertising panel which came with the box.

--David said...

More Topps baloney going on with Aramis. The Pettitte was probably a true oversight - perhaps a 'real' error card for once. Then again, with Topps you never know.