I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Platinum Rage

TOPPS

Y U PUT BARVES ON THE WRAPPER OF YOUR DERPIEST PRODUCT


Dammit, now I have to defend this set to Chris Harris again to make it look like I'm not just buying it because Fab Five Freddy's on the wrapper.

No, really, it's a good set... it's like, shiny and stuff.

Live rack rip in progress, just keep hitting F5.

Pack 1

77 DAN UGGLA


Where'd all the haters go? Oh yeah that's right. 25 game hitting streak beeyotches.


Decoy card


BPP92 Trey McNutt


I don't know who any of these prospects are so don't ask.

74 Starlin Castro green parallel


Actually if the wrapper back can be trusted this is a 1:10 packs Emerald Parallel. The Green Refractors are apparently numbered.

3 Adam Jones


Oh yeah, I forgot, all the cards this year are refractor-ish. They are still easily-fingerprinted foilboard but they now have that refractor sheen that brings all the boys to the yard.

NEXT: Card numbers and the Purplefractor bonus pack

BONUS PACK:

BPP87 Adron Chambers


No clue who this is.

BPP24 Oswaldo Arcia


Ditto.

BPP38 Billy Hamilton


I know this guy! Hall of Fame outfielder for the Boston Beaneaters. I didn't think Legends cards would be in this set.

Security tag


So the checkout counter can go beep beep beep. Readers who know their retail should know where I bought this pack now.

UP NEXT: Another pack!

Pack 2:

73 Ryan Zimmerman


It's time to sing the doom song!

Another decoy card



BPP18 Zack Cocks


Prospect blah blah blah

93 Aroldis Chapman RC


How the hell is this a rookie card?? He had several dozen Bowman cards last year. My God, we got a monopoly and the industry is still completely incapable of putting out non-confusing rookie cards.

43 Joey Votto


Redlegs hot pack!

Up next: One more pack. JOOOOOOY

LAST PACK. 15 CARDS FOR NINE BUCKS. RIP. OFF.

59 Justin Morneau


Bluh

Decoy card



Extra value in every pack!

BPP28 Shaeffer Hall


Why are the prospect cards on Finest/Chrome stock while the worthless base cards are on foilboard? And why do white people name their kids stupid stuff like Schaeffer?

96 Matt Kemp Gold parallel


The scan looks green but the card looks gold. Trust me, it's way different from the Emerald Castro up there.

32 Jason Heyward












I hope you all enjoyed the first and last post about 2011 Bowman Platinum on this blog as much as I did.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

I opened my first pack of 2011 Topps Lineage yesterday and I'm thinking about collecting the set. The pack was supposed to have 8 cards, but I only had 6. No, I'm not complaining.

I'm a Cub fan and would love the McNutt and Castro if you can part with them!

I'll send you the two Braves I got in the Lineage pack: 1. Hank Aaron base card and 2. the other Brave, who is directly responsible for me being "shorted" two cards, shall not be named. I wouldn't want you to jizz in your pants again. Love that video by the way.

mrcoach00@yahoo.com