I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

BJ and the Barves



I love this signing.I don't care what anyone thinks about this deal. I don't care if you think we overpaid. I don't care if you think Upton strikes out too much. I don't care if you (stupidly) think BJ has attitude problems. I don't care if you wanted Bourn instead. I don't care what you think because you're wrong. BJ Upton fills a ton of holes in the Braves' lineup and immediately improves the team without costing a hundred million dollar contract. But forget all that. This is the best deal Frank Wren ever made for one reason:

WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO SIGN NICK SWISHER NOW.

Welcome to Atlanta, Bossman Junior.


3 comments:

Paul Hadsall said...

Not having enough money to sign Nick Swisher is priceless

AdamE said...

Isn't it always a great thing when you get a BJ?

Spankee said...

Hopefully they'll keep him in a spot in the lineup where he can do some damage on the basepaths. The Rays totally screwed the pooch on that one.