Card show's over. It didn't go exactly as planned, but I was able to pick up a few doozies. I went with Quality over Quantity this time picking up 16 cards in total. Not enough for a Top 20 list, but once I post the Top 5 from the last show next week I'll do a Top 10.
Here's how my card show goals turned out as illustrated by ponies:
1) I have a very short list of cards that I will blow my whole wad on if I can find one. Didn't blow my whole wad but CHECK
2) Pick up at least 1 card I need for my 1953 Topps set. CHECK
3) Attack my Vintage Braves team set needs. CHECKITY CHECK CHECK CHECK
4) Snag a pile of cheap fillers for my '54-56 Topps sets. FAIL
5) Look for cards for my '60, '63, '65, '71 and '72 sets. - Mostly fail except for one huge CHECK
6) Find one really good non-sport card. EPIC WIN
7) Grab an unexpected bargain like the '58 Musial I am too lazy to link. CHECK
8) Be on the lookout for cards for my fellow bloggers. FAIL. I tried, but couldn't find anything before time ran out.
So all-in-all a good show and he'll probably be coming back by August or September. Since you made it this far through a gauntlet of Ponies, here's one of the pickups from today:
1967 Topps Woody Woodward. One of those dang high number cards you have to have for a team set. Picked it up cheap and in pretty good condition. You'll have to wait for the rest, I gotta get some sleep tonight.