I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Your regularly scheduled card post has been cancelled due to Hobbits

HOBBBBBBBIIIITTTTTTTSSSSSSS


I'd forgotten how much I loved this series. Plus I have an irrational man-crush on Martin Freeman so I'm kinda agog about the whole Hobbit trilogy right now. I have my ticket in hand and will be heading to the theater shortly.


Three things I'm looking forward to seeing in this series:

1: Dent, Arthur Dent as Bilbo Baggins. I'm not kidding about my man-crush. I'm the only person I know who loves and will passionately defend the film version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

2: Magneto as Gandalf. Ok so it's Gandalf as Gandalf as Richard the 3rd as Magneto as Gandalf. I'll pretty much watch anything with Sir Ian in it.

3: DWARF MADNESS OVERLOAD. I'm sure Peter Jackson will do a good job with the dwarf antics, but this is my personal vision for the trilogy in sketchy cartoon format:


This post isn't completely devoid of cards, here's a complete 2006 Topps Lord of the Rings Masterpieces set that you'll be seeing more of soon.


I haven't seen any Hobbit cards out yet. I'm sure they'll show up eventually. In the meantime here's my one and only bit of official Hobbit merchandise in my collection: a HeroClix figure of Gandalf.


With his trusty steed, Rarifax, of course.

(you thought you would get a short Hobbit break from ponies, didn't ya. LOLNOPE)

2 comments:

AdamE said...

Ever see that old Saturday morning cartoon Gummi Bears? When I read the Hobbit that is how I picture the dwarves.

Unknown said...

I went to a High Frame Rate 3D screening of it. The 3D was the best I had ever seen. The High Frame Rate made the real stuff look much more real, but it also made the fake stuff look WAY more fake. I also felt the story felt far too stretched. I'm just hoping P.J. isn't doing to The Hobbit what Lucas did with his Prequels.