I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Joy of a Completed Insert Set - 2009 Allen & Ginter National Pride

This is the other Ginter insert set I completed last week with the Josh Hamilton card that had eluded me for a while. As you can see, this is a 75 card set as opposed to the 30 card insert set that Allen & Ginter had just 2 years prior. The insert bloat has just gotten worse and now the inserts aren't even numbered properly for easy collecting. Oh well, so it goes.

The National Pride set shows off players with their home country's flag in the background of an ornate frame. A little pompous, but it's pretty colorful and well done. I'm guessing this set was done more or less in honor of The World Baseball Classic, but I can't remember what year that was played because the WBC is just so memorable. Enjoy the unbridled Nationalism.


Threw in all my funky border code cards to fill out the page because what else can you do with them?


Here's a scan of the backs. Unlike the 2006 and 2007 Ginter insert sets, there is actual text on the backs of these things which is nice. I scanned Chipper because Chipper. I didn't scan all nine page backs because Lazy.

1 comment:

night owl said...

This is the last "main" insert set that I completed in A&G. No more.