I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today was a good day

I heard a good interview with former Braves Pitcher Tom Glavine on 680 the Fan on my way to work. (Direct  MP3 link here)

Work was steady but not crazy and I learned how to do something I've been trying to figure out for a while .



I went to Atlanta Sports Cards on my lunch break and got a nice Chipper card.

Club level Hawks tickets fell in my lap.



J-Smoove dunked with great frequency, Ryan Cameron said "That foul was... Offensive", a fat guy did a bellyflop trying to dunk, the A-Town dancers jiggled valiently for the cause and the Hawks won.


And when I got home I found that my Christmas present to myself had arrived:




I didn't even have to use my AK.

I gotta say it was a good day.

7 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

very nice. we all need more days like that.

Offy said...

Good luck with the Obak box. I had a blast opening mine. It's a fun set and the more time that you spend looking at the cards and reading the backs, the better it is.

gritz76 said...

Say hi to Kim for me, aight Top Dog!

madding said...

The Hawks PA announcer is definitely making me reconsider choosing them as my designated Eastern Conference team.

Andy said...

how many packs did you have to open before you got that Chipper?

You're not going to respond to my comment on the other post?

dayf said...

I honestly have no idea how to respond. You're convinced I'm pulling shenanigans, arguing in comments isn't going to convince you otherwise.

I'm sorry for whatever it is that I did to piss you off. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Chipper. Sorry.

Andy said...

Whoa whoa. I am not pissed off at you or anybody else and I'm sorry for giving you that impression. I was honestly just asking for an explanation. Do you cherrypick the Chipper packs to show on the blog or are you just incredibly lucky? The rest of my original question was just getting at the philosophical blogging issue purely from a curiosity standpoint--if you cherrypick packs, do you then alter the stories you post for dramatic effect?

Again, sorry if I appeared pissed off. I was not, am not, and did not mean to be disrespectful.