I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Topps 206 Blaster Team Collation Answer

A while back, Dinged Corners posed a question about Topps206 team collation when she pulled a whopping ten Yankees out of one blaster. Always eager to add a data point to any meaningful research, I ripped a blaster and sorted by teams. My blaster wasn't nearly as top heavy as hers but it wasn't as balanced as I expected. With 48 cards and 30 teams, you're looking at an average of 1.6 cards per team. You'd expect to get at least one card from most teams, but a full 40% of the league was completely shut out of this blaster. I didn't include the Mantle Checklists in my total, the Yankees already have an unfair advantage in payroll, they don't need one in collation.

Here are the teams with...

Four cards in the box


"I'm so HAPPY! happyhappyhappy"

Astros
Tigers
Twins
Yankees


Three cards in the box


"Kneel before Yesco, puny humans!"

A's
Braves
Cubs
Dodgers
Rangers
White Sox

Two cards in the box


This card was thisclose to being a weird anomaly, like a card of Mike Piazza in a Marlins uniform.

Cardinals
Giants
Nationals
Padres
Rays
Red Sox

One card in the box


This is the only Mariners card you need.

Mariners
Royals

No cards at all


You expected an image here??

Angels
Blue Jays
Brewers
Diamondbacks
Indians
Marlins
Mets
Orioles
Pirates
Phillies
Reds
Rockies

This wasn't a great blaster, but I knocked out a chunk of my wantlist and got some neat minis. What, you want to know what was in it? Not much, trust me... Just enjoy this small piece of the ongoing search for a Grand Unified Theory of Blaster Collation. Ripping blasters... FOR SCIENCE!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That blaster sucked. And I bet I can get at least 11 other poepel (or people) to agree with me.

Play at the Plate said...

I agree.

night owl said...

You know I agree. I'm retro-ed out.

dayf said...

I agree. Blech.

Roy said...

Did they put ANY Blue Jays in T206?! Rediculous. Ok, there was a Halladay, but still.

Slangon said...

I wish I had seen this research before I signed up for Joe Collectors group break. Yikes.

TJ said...

Thorzul's going to win the bet. Agree.

dc said...

Another $19.99 down the toity. Thank you for making this sacrifice in the cause of science.