I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Six in, Two to Go

2007 National League Central Champs:



2007 National League West Champs:


This is why I hate expansion teams. It's hard as hell to find a decent logo on a baseball card anymore without it being microscopic. There are no huge logos for these teams from the Topps cards of the fifties, and Fleer inexplicably quit doing stickers in 1992. The only decent logo I could find for the Diamondbacks is on the 2007 Heritage set, but it's kind of small. I tried scanning it at 1200 dpi, but that made my computer explode. Literally explode. Boom. I think I weakened it first by trying to scan their logo card from 1997 Upper Deck. You remember that one, right? Gold print on gold foil? How King Midas got a job in UD's art department I'll never know. Once I get my act together I'll post it, but it's the weekend and you can't expect too much effort from me. Update - Got it. Logos from the 50's are better. They would have had a snake swinging a baseball bat with its rattling tail or something.

The Cubs logo is off Hank Sauer's 1954 Topps card. The cubbie would be cute if it weren't for those vacant, unblinking eyes. Were these stoned bears, sock monsters, big head Redlegs and St, Louis Browns pixies that Topps put on their 50's cards the teams' actual logos, or did Topps just make these things up?

No comments: