I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Heritage Heroes Jumbo Pack #2

American Heritage Heroes: The Anti-bluh.

Also:

Q) How dumb do you have to be to have a small pile of cards featuring first responders at the Towers and forget to post them on 9/11?

A) As dumb as me apparently...

I'll correct that error eventually.

NOW for the second jumbo pack of this historical goodness. Once again, best cards in the pack ranked 1-5 with odd pop culture references where applicable.

Heroes of Space: Apollo 9

Yay! My first space card! And I scanned it upside down by accident! Ya know what... THERE'S NO UP IN SPACE. So this is perfectly all right. Here's a nice space themed song from They Might Be Giants' best album: Space Suit.



Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan

These two were back to back in the pack and I thought that was interesting even if you don't. So... would you rather be a humanitarian or a political hero? I don't want either, I WANT A MONKEY.

Charlton Heston Medal of Freedom

Can someone explain to me why I've gotten no less than three requests for my Joshua Chamberlain Medal of Honor card*? Did he do something really special or are you all confusing him with Wilt. Oh yeah, Charlton. Here's me about 15 minutes after getting that pet monkey I wished for.

Molly Pitcher

Is that Yankee Doodle Dandy checkin' out Molly's pitcher? I believe he is! Get yer head in the game! There's Redcoats out there! Here's some Molly Hatchet that's good to listen to while downing a pitcher of beer.

Iwo Jima

I was somewhat surprised to see that Topps didn't use the iconic image of the flag being raised for this card. I guess that one probably costs some $$$ to reprint. This card did inspire me to work on one of my crazy epic insane post ideas, but that will have to wait for another time...

*that card is already in a packaged labeled "Dinged Corners". Sorry, everyone else.

2 comments:

madding said...

I'm glad you agree about Apollo 18. Too many people claim Lincoln (not a bad choice) or Flood (ha.)

Shane said...

I was thinking the same about the Iwo Jima card. I just finished reading 'Flags of Our Fathers'. What a book!