I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, March 12, 2010

I LOVE YOU TOPPS

After being pleasantly surprised with a pack of Garbage Pail Kids Flashback cards, I decided what the heck and ponied up for another pack. Inside that pack were my three favorite GPKs ever.

ADAM Bomb


Alien IAN


New Wave DAVE


In the same pack!!!!!

I am collecting this now. The whole ruddy set. Both name variations. A contributing factor is that the puzzle back cards are set up properly so the puzzle is completed when you put the cards in 9 pocket pages. The little details like that win me over, man. Even the garishly obnoxious borders are growing on me. Good show, Topps.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that was a swing from one end of the spectrum to the other...

dayf said...

I'm very conflicted...

Drop The Gloves! said...

I bought three packs the other day. They are yours if you want them.

Steve78 said...

Garbage Pail Kids were the coolest.

AdamE said...

That was my favorite back in the day too.

Must have something to do with the name...

2nd favorite was Scotty Potty. I was 10 and a big toilet humor fan.

Honestly though I still like it today. Toilet jokes never get old.

Cardsplitter said...

I am all over those. My favorite was Tommy Gun. I had a bunch when I was a kid, but succumbed to baseball instead.

Sadly, all the Chris cards kind of stunk.

verifaction word: pudges. you know, to keep it basebally.

Ryan Cracknell said...

While I love the GPK, I have one apprehension about this new set: they're more or less reprints at the cost of the most costly originals. I'd love to get a box but for the same price I could get about half the set of the original Series 1 (or at least a good chunk of it).

Stacey Walker said...

I found several of these sets online at a site called cardsone.com. the homepage has a link to their internet store where they have several of the GPKs cards as well as some from some seriously cheesy 80s movies (Goonies, Howard the duck ect.) You should check it out.