I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Southside Bipper Strikes Back

So the lovely little package sent to me by Steve of White Sox Cards turned out to be a dirty Bip. A dirty PHILLIES Bip no less! There were still plenty more cards in the box, so I moved past Steve's little joke and found some neat goodies.


Here's an Upper Deck First Edition insert of Smoltzie. Being a retail-only product, these things are tough to find.


Yep, those are the Team Leaders all right... well, until Chipper went down and took our playoff chances with him.


There were a whole bunch of these Lavender Classic cards. I don't remember this set, but the Dave Justice card is pretty cool. Can we swap Dave for Scalia?



Among some junkwax specimens was this Pinnacle Team 2000 card of Deion Sanders. I bought an entire jumbo box of this stuff for about the price of a 2010 Hobby box of Topps goes for today. It is now worth about the same as a retail pack of Topps. The Team 2000 cards were nifty at the time at least. "Whoa, 2000 is sooooo far away!"

Wait... what?


TENNIS cards?


I just got bipped with TENNIS cards? WTF?


Acworth's best? I never heard of this dude in my life. Of course I'm pretty anti-social, he could be a neighbor for all I know.

I JUST GOT BIPPED WITH TENNIS CARDS. That has to be a first.


Don't worry, there's more pain to come. Steve is just getting warmed up.

2 comments:

BA Benny said...

I could use one of those many tennis cards for my American flag collection.

madding said...

Yikes... can it get worse?