I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Top 20 Intermission - Checkin' Lists T206

One of the lists I scribbled out by hand before heading out to the card show was my Topps206 wantlist. Not the newfangled one, the one from 2002-3. I had a list printed out already, but I'll just be honest about it, it's ridiculous. Basically I printed a checklist I found online and marked out all the cards I already had with a highlighter. Not a normal yellow highlighter, but pink and green and orange highlighters. That wantlist looks like a day-glo rainbow nightmare. I found a stack of 2002 commons in a 20 for a buck box. Sadly I could only scrounge six cards that I needed. Here's the haul:

Ortiz of Anaheim. Is this Ramon? Heck, I don't know. Let's just say it is and be done with it.

Chan Ho Park in a Rangers uni fills another hole in the set. Did you know Park played for the Rangers? I sure didn't. I looked it up and found out he was with the Pirates last year! Chan Ho is in the league no longer, he'll be pitching in Japan in 2011.

Scott Rolen had eluded my grasp as well. This card, not the other 15 Rolen variations in the Topps206 set. You think the new Topps206 set has variations? HOO DOGGIE. This set was lousy with variations. Short printed ones too. Blecch. No wonder I'm still not close to completing it.

Aww yeah. We have just entered the "HAWT Rookies what I didn't pull out of packs and which were stupidly overpriced in 2002" zone. Corey Patterson may have had five tools, but the Cubs wrecked them worse than your neighbor Bill wrecked your socket set after borrowing it to install his new satellite dish. Who uses a ratchet wrench as a friggin hammer?? Speaking of things the Cubs ruined...

AWWWW YEAAAAAAAHHH MARK PRIOR ROOKIE CARD FOR A NICKEL.
It's still overpriced.

Last one - Austin Kearns. Austin is still bouncing around the league. Last year he signed with the Indians in the offseason, got off to a good start, was traded to the Yankees, and promptly sucked. The Yankees released him in the offseason and he signed right back with the Indians. Good job, Austin! Screw those Yankees!

I managed to take a small bite out of that set. Always bring your lists, kiddos! You never know what you'll find.

2 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

Ramon Ortiz is/was a beast of Chuck Norris proportions. Really though I loved that guy back in the day.

Bay Rat North West said...

Let me know if you need any Kearns or Adam Dunn cards. I gotz plenty.