I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, July 3, 2011

And then, out of nowhere...

1978 Topps Eddie Murray.



The Diamond King just sent this to me out of the blue because I am a fan of beat up ratty old cards. I'm not exactly sure why this exact card was sent, it seems to be in pristine condition. I mean, there's not even any bits missing off of it. With this card we launch this month's theme here at The Junkman Chronicles: catching up on posts about stuff people have sent me. This will likely be a July-August theme to account for my slackness as well as the inevitable Allen & Ginter Freakout that is scheduled to occur in a few weeks. I am grateful to Mr. King, as well as somewhat jealous that I didn't think of using that name when I started blogging all those years ago. Actually never mind, being this is way too much responsibility. I'll remain the card blogging version of this instead. The King has a tribute packaged and waiting to get dropped off at the post office, whenever I can find the time to get there. I might have to put together that '78 Binder now once I am able to free up some pages.

3 comments:

Commishbob said...

That card is awesome in almost any condition.

Anonymous said...

This card is one of THOSE from my childhood that I always stared at in the LCS case but could never dream of obtaining. '79 Ozzie, '80 Henderson, '83T Strawberry, '82 Ripken, etc. I've had a lot of fun recently picking up good/fair/excellent versions of these - most recently the '79 Ozzie (horrible mis-cut w/ some weird black streaks across part of it). Picked it up for $5. Will a dude with a magnifying glass ever take a look at its corners? Nope.......but do I now have an Ozzie RC? You betcha.

Nice pick-up on the Murray! 500 HR Clubber!

Bay Rat North West said...

Still waiting to see the Mad Dog Pennant :)