I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

JOY OF A COMPLETED TEAM SET - 1989 BOWMAN

SO MONTHS AGO A GUY ON TWITTER POSTED A CHALLENGE. HE POSTED A FRAGMENT OF THE BACK OF A BASEBALL CARD AND OFFERED GOODIES TO ANYONE WHO COULD TELL HIM WHAT CARD IT WAS GOT A PRIZE. MY FRIENDS, I CAN TELL THE BACK OF A 1993 TOPPS CARD FROM 500 METERS AWAY AND A TRIVIAL AMOUNT OF RESEARCH CONFIRMED THAT IT WAS CARD #326, GARY VARSHO. i WON THE PRIZE AND AMONGST THE WINNINGS WAS A COMPLETE 1989 BOWMAN BRAVES TEAM SET.

I HAVE KIND OF LOW-KEY IGNORED 1989 BOWMAN BECAUSE 1) PACKS WERE ALWAYS OVERPRICED BECAUSE GRIFFEY 2) COMMONS WERE ALWAYS TURNING UP EVERYWHERE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE RIPPING FOR GRIFFEY 3) A FACTORY SET IS CHEAP AS DIRT ANYWAY. SO I GREATLY APPRECIATE INSTANT BRAVES TEAM SET. CARD NUMBERS ARE 262-279, NO BACKS BECAUSE THEY ARE BORING AND NO MARK LEMKE BOWMAN ROOKIE BECAUSE TOPPS HAS ALWAYS HATED ME. ENJOY THE SET


ZANE SMITH


CHARLIE PULEO


DEREK LILLIQUIST


PAUL ASSENMACHER


JOHN SMOLTZ



TOM GLAVINE


STEVE AVERY


PETE SMITH


JODY DAVIS


BRUCE BENEDICT


ANDRES THOMAS


GERALD PERRY


RON GANT


DARRELL EVANS


DALE MURPHY


DION JAMES


LONNIE SMITH


GERONIMO BERROA



THANKS MR. FISCHER FOR THE CARDS AND THANKS TO GARY VARSHO AS WELL

3 comments:

Bulldog said...

So many all-time favorites of mine including Zane Smith. Bowman was never a favorite of mine but I'd never turn down Braves.

night owl said...

I have so many of the '89 Bowman Dodgers set that I cut a bunch of them down to regulation baseball card size because I've wanted to do that since '89.

Fuji said...

Lonnie Smith, Steve Avery, Ron Gant, Bruce Benedict, Zane Smith, Dale Murphy, Gerald Perry, and Darrell Evans = Nice journey to the past. I'm not sure how I missed Jody Davis playing for the Braves... especially since he played there for three seasons and I watched a lot of Braves baseball back in the day.