I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, July 22, 2011

9 more cards from two more racks

It's going to take me a couple months to figure out the Gint-a-cuffs scoring, so here's the second half of my 'hanging blaster' to tide you over. Extra added bonus: I remembered to check the descreening filter this time while scanning!


MARTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN 


I don't know what it is, but the full bleed border mini inserts always look friggin fantastic. I'm not even going to attempt to explain Kasper Hauser because it's just too weird. Google him. Nineteenth century con men always did their work with style.


Speaking of looking fantastic, here are some choanoflagellate-type thingys swimmin' around.


Ok, storytime. I'm watching the All-Star game with my son. National League is up, two men are on, Brian McCann is on deck. This dude is at the plate. I'm still mad at him for getting Bobby Cox suspended for a game last year (have I told this story already?) so I start calling him Princess Fielder as is my wont. The kids think this is utterly fantastic and my daughter (who should be in bed by now but refuses since big brother is up) is absolutely fascinated by the ugliest princess ever. So right in the middle of our mocking of the world's fattest vegetarian he has the nerve to hit a home run and steal all of Brian McCann's RBIs. Imagine! Even though he stole B-Mac's glory (especially since he stole B-Mac's glory) I continued to call him Princess which pissed my wife off something fierce so I get yelled at. Ever since then I've been pulling his cards like crazy. Dang Princesses. Moral of the story: If someone you are ragging on suddenly shows you up, double down on the mockery. It's not mature, it won't help anything, and you end up looking really stupid, but damn, it's fun.


Ping pong, man, ping pong.


MOAR PHISHIES. I got two bordering cards now and boy, do they look great. If you think it's odd that I got four Ascent of Man cards in four racks, then also know that I got absolutely NO dang short prints either. Not one. The hell is up with that.


The most powerful warship in the Royal Navy!

Sunk in a storm.


Penultimacy: adjective - The next to the last in a sequence

Antonio Meucci: Invented the telephone twenty years before Alexander Graham Bell. As in, Meuicci was the first man to invent the telephone. First. In a sequence.

Topps needs to invest in a dictionary.


I don't know who this dude is, but this is a bad ass card.

6 comments:

Mets88 said...

Woop! I like the Fielder card ..

Slangon said...

I love the second sentence in Hauser's Wikipedia page:

"Hauser's claims, and his subsequent death by stabbing, sparked much debate and controversy."

With my luck, my impending death by stabbing will spark no debate and much harmony.

longlivethewho said...

That's BMX rider Matt Hoffman. Surprised he didn't get a card before.

TJ said...

I had no idea about that floating fortresses mini. Now I have to start buying A&G this year? Dammit!

dayf said...

The Floating Fortresses is not a mini card, it's a normal sized card. They are 1 in 8 packs and replace the Hometown Heroes card.

TJ said...

Nice. I was thinking about getting the set for my dad. His old eyes will be able to enjoy the regular size cards more. Thanks Dayf.