I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, July 4, 2011

Random checklistness from the draft folder

I have absolutely no time for anything today so here's some crap from the draft folder that never got published.


Checklists! Marked checklists! Checklists with little white and blue flags on a red background which is as close as you're going to get for a 4th of July post from me today! Yes, here are two 1st series checklists from 1965 Topps.


Two checklists, exactly the same except for the markings. If the dude from checklist #2 had traded with the guy from checklist #1, he might have completed the series. Of course guy #1 might have been a dick about it and demanded a Willie McCovey for that Moose Skowron to complete the series even though dude #2 specifically stated the McCovey was off the table. Now dude #2 forever has an unfinished series because of that damn McCovey. The markings aren't the only thing different about these cards, can you spot it?


Ah, the old C.Cannizzaro/Cannizzaro variation! No name Thomas it aint, but a variation is a variation. I'm not sure why Topps felt the need to drop the C to give the card number some breathing room, or even why they didn't just put chris at card #58 so there would be plenty of room to stretch out but they did and they didn't so here we are. Picked these up at the June show for the low, low price of a buck a pop. Yeah, I passed up a $44 '53 Yogi but just had to get these.

Y'all enjoy the holiday, I'll be working while the wife and kids go out to a parade and fireworks with the grandparents.

In other words, PEACE AND QUIET.

 ALL. DAY. LONG.

God Bless America!

2 comments:

Eric C. Loy said...

Looks like the TCG and the number on the back were moved, too.

Commishbob said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only knucklehead that speculates on the kid who originally marked my checklists.