I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sticky Saturday or Sunday whatever - Crystal Ball Edition

All Right... The non-waiver trade deadline is almost here. The Braves are under .500 but still in the race thanks to a weak NL East. They can go out and pick up an outfielder and some pitching and make a run at the pennant, or ransom Teixeira and some bullpen arms for a truckload of prospects and shoot for 2009. They are in a crucial series with the Phillies this weekend, the rubber game of which starts in about an hour. The first game they demolished the formerly front running Phils, yesterday they squandered a huge lead and suffered yet another one run road loss. What to do? Buy or sell? It's time to...

LOOK DEEPLY INTO THE CRYSTAL BALL

No not the Styx version, or the dumb Keane video, or even some new age hippie crap (although juggling is cool) I'm talking about looking into a real live crystal type ball! Of course I don't have one, so I tried the interwebs. You knew there would be a web based crystal ball amongst all the Magic 8-balls so I tried it.

Oh crystal ball, Can the Braves win the division?

Ask again tomorrow?? Stupid crystal ball. I'll have to resort to cardboard prognostication instead. Let's see what that Fleer sticker from the 80's can tell us about the 2008 Braves. I can't remember what year it's from and I don't care. I'm interested in the FUTURE not the past. Ask FleerFan. He's the one who gave me the sticker. Let's flip this puppy over and see what the future has in sto-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT THE ROYALS!!! OH DEAR LORD NOT THE FRACKING ROYALS! Wait, wait, calm down. They were good back in the mid 80's... they won a World Series! They had George Brett! And then they fell in to a long stretch of losing and despair noooooooooooooooooooooo


TRADE TEX!

FIRE FRANK!

SEND FRENCHY BACK TO THE ROOKIE LEAGUE!

HAMPTON'S A WITCH, BURN HIM!

USE THE BULLPEN FOR KINDLING!

PANIC!

1 comment:

Fleerfan said...

I've checked the crystal ball, and it has revealed that these stickers were issued in 1987.