I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Kid Who Could - Page 12

When things get depressing, a good comic always cheers me up.

Too bad this is not a good comic. Oh well, time for another installment of...

The Kid Who Could


Ozzie bails on Tony and the kids to do his job. How rude. There's just enough time for one last question before the game starts. Moe haircut boy, already humiliated utterly by getting one baseball rules trivia question wrong, sits this one out so the dishonor he is inflicting upon his family does not become so great that the only honorable recourse is seppuku. Tennessee end-zone hat boy is up for the challenge and correctly answers that an Ump waving his arm up in the air like an idiot means that someone hit a home run. I instantly knew the answer to this question, scoffed at how easy it is, and suddenly realized that 97.8% of all humanity has no clue the answer to this question and quite frankly doesn't care. I then realized that I really am a humongous baseball nerd. And an elitist baseball nerd at that. I am now enlightened to my zen baseball geekery.

This page is actually pretty dang boring. That is, until you get to the money shot of the entire comic:


You knew Tony would get his catch phrase in there sooner or later. It's all downhill from here, folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! 1982 at Busch Stadium! I remember when Tony the Tiger was there. The Cubs were in town and my dad had taken me and my brother to the game. It was Tommy Herr bobble head day at the stadium. We had seats behind first base and I caught a foul ball that Willie McGee hit and he signed for me after the game. A grand time was had by all!

Don said...

I find it ironic that the home run signal would be used in a comic featuring Ozzie Smith. He did not see it to many times in his career.