I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1954 Topps Don Mueller


It's mid-week again, which means I'm too busy for proper posts so you get Vintage goodies again. This card is a little scruffy, but it looks like Don is too. One thing that stands out to me is how Don's signature is one long unbroken line. Very nice.


Don's nickname is Mandrake. I guess that means he plays the outfield like he has roots? Oh wait, not. It because he's magic. These 56 year old references can get confusing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His nickname was Mandrake. After Mandrake the Magician, a popular comic strip of the time. It was said that his bat was like Mandrake's magic wand. He hit .342 in 1954. His teammate, Willie Mays won the batting title with a .345 average.