I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, February 9, 2009

Countdown to Redemption

Redeemed those cards today. For some reason I had to create a new login on the Topps site but oh well. They're all processed now.

They still have banner ads for 2008 Opening Day on their site, LOL.

According to the code gremlins that live in Topps' website I'll be getting the Ventura relic (eeeccchh) by 5/25/09 and the WBC whatever by 9/07/09. Yippee. We'll see.

You know, it just occurred to me that the past five redemptions I've sent in to Topps (I trashed that crap Series two "Red Hot Rookie" junk) were:

Freddy Sanchez Heritage auto
Burt Sugar Co-Signers auto
Bowman auto of some Twins reliever
Jesse Ventura goddamn better be a feather boa relic
WBC who the hell knows what it is

No wonder I never have problems with my redemption cards..........

8 comments:

skoormit said...

I don't suppose that Twins reliever was Pat Neshek, was it?

AdamE said...

You son't like the redemption cards that you pulled? That Burt Sugar auto would be cool. Any Boxing card is awesome. I am praying for an Ali in A&G this year. Not the daughter either.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind taking your Twins redemption off of your hands.

LMK who it is and if we can set something up for it.

dayf said...

Neshek's first certified auto was in '09 Topps. This is the guy:

http://cardjunk.blogspot.com/2008/09/thirty-three-days.html

Jose Mijares whoever that is. Trading is on hold until I catch up on my e-mail and packages this week.

I love the Bert Sugar card, I bought the redemption card on eBay. The rest... meh.

Anonymous said...

Mijares? Yep, whenever you're ready to trade, I'll be first in line for that one.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't know where to say this but I saw you commented elsewhere about Champ's Hockey (A&G killer). More like ripoff

http://sports.upperdeck.com/news/article.aspx?aid=5209

dayf said...

Oh my lord... now I understand that whole conversation about hockey products working in baseball and vice versa and going up against A&G. YEah, that's pretty much a rip-off.

Bay Rat North West said...

Dis you throw away the Red Hot Rookie dealies? If not let me know and we can work something out.