I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, December 18, 2022

THE TWELVE DAYS OF CARDMAS: LAUNDRY EDITION - DAY 6

CRAP

I SHOULDA USED THIS CARD FOR FIVE GOOOOOLD RINGS

MISSED OPPORTUNITY FOR SURE


I WAS COMPLETELY GAGA OVER THE LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIES WHEN THEY CAME OUT. SAW THEM ALL IN THE MOVIE THEATER AND SAW ALL THREE IN ONE SITTING WHEN RETURN OF THE KING WAS RELEASED AND BOUGHT THE EXTENDED EDITION DVDS WITH ALL THE ADDED BULLSHIT SO THEY ALL TOOK FIFTEEN HOURS TO WATCH AND THEY WERE THE BEST THINGS EVER. THEN THE HOBBIT CAME OUT AND IT WAS LIKE, OH. THEN THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG CAME OUT AND IT WAS LIKE, YEAH OK, DRAGON. THEN THE BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIES CAME OUT AND I NEVER GAVE A SHIT ABOUT A HOBBIT EVER AGAIN. NO BOOKS, NO RADIO PLAYS, NO COMICS, NO MANGA ADAPTATIONS, NO BAKSHI CARTOONS, NO TV SERIES, NO TIJUANA BIBLES, NO MORE MIDDLE EARTH. IT'S HONESTLY SHOCKING JUST HOW COMPLETELY THAT MOVIE RUNINED IT FOR ME. AND IT'S NOT EVEN THE WORST MOVIE EVER, BILLY CONNOLLY ON A WARPIG WAS PRETTY COOL ACTUALLY



BUT IN THE 00S, I WAS STILL GOOFY FOR GOLLUM AND BOUGHT UP A TON OF LORD OF THE RINGS TOPPS CARDS. I MANAGED TO ACCUMULATE A SMALL PILE OF THE RELIC CARDS, GANDALF, ARWEN, AND A HANDFUL OF OTHERS. THE ONLY HOBBIT I'M MISSING IS MERRY. ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA MERRY FOR A PIPPIN? MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE CHARACTER IS SMEAGOL, BUT HE DIDN'T EXACTLY HAVE ANYTHING THAT COULD EVEN BE MADE INTO RELICS. OF THE ONES I HAVE GANDALF HAS TO BE MY FAVORITE SINCE IAN MCKELLAN IS A BAD ASS. GANDALF, MAGNETO, RICHARD III AND JAMES WHALE IS A PRETTY DAMN GOOD ACTING ROLE MOUNT RUSHMORE. OF THE RELICS I DON'T HAVE I MOST COVET THE BRAD DOURIF WORMTONGUE VELVET UNDERFROCK. BRAD'S BEEN IN A HUNDRED MOVIES I LOVE. I'D TRADE MY EXTRA FRODO FOR THAT ONE



THE GIGANTIC BEARD KINDA WORKS ON SALLY DON'T YOU THINK

3 comments:

Fuji said...

I went to see all three of the Lord of the Rings movies in the theaters too... and almost gave up on the trilogy after Fellowship. Thankfully one of my buddies talked me into going to see The Two Towers. Haven't looked back ever since. Love and continue to watch all three over and over and over again... every two to three years. I've watched The Hobbit trilogy once and didn't think it was too bad. But I agree it's not at the same level as LOTR.

Very cool Gandalf relic. I'm jealous that you're building this set. I tried to look for a Wormtongue relic for you, but didn't see one on COMC, eBay or Beckett. Best of luck on your hunt for him and Pippin.

night owl said...

Loved the books. Have never watched the movies. After your description of how they horse-beat the franchise, I'm glad I haven't. Same with Star Wars.

dayf said...

The Lord of the Rings movies are really good. Maybe just watch the originals and not the extended versions.
The Hobbit is OK. There is one really good movie hiding in the first two films that just needs an editor to coax it out. Battle of Five armies is dreadful though, i could rant about it for a month but i won't