I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, October 15, 2007

Depressed

OK, so I wake up this morning and turn on the radio. The morning schmoes are discussing the Falcons - Giants Monday night matchup. Ecch. Watching that disaster is sure to be made worse by listening to ESPN idiots. Ron Jaworski comes on the air to discuss the game. Right about the time Ron says that while he knows the Atlanta fans are probably sick of it, but since it's a national game they'll probably be discussing Michael Vick all night, is the time I turn it off. I check the baseball scores. The Rockies are about to win the World Series. Yeah, I know they still have to win 5 more games, but I'm afraid it's gonna happen. I just can't get into Rockies Mania, to me it's just another expansion team I have no interest in. I'd rather see either of the AL teams win it all, at least they've been around for a while and have suffered to get where they are. I obviously haven't learned my lesson by this point and I turned on Mike & Mike. On cue, they start talking about the Mitchell investigation and how very soon a whole bunch of new names are going to be implicated in the whole steroid mess. Greenberg is particularly gleeful about the possibility of new muck to rake. Click. I don't want to hear any more of this cable news junk. I finally wise up and abandon the boob tube for the interwebs. I load up the iGoogle page, click on the sports tab and see this.

I just missed seeing Alec play at Georgia, but I'm pretty sure I saw him play for the Heat in a game against the Hawks. The early nineties was when I most interested in basketball cards, and I would set Kessler cards aside since he was an NBA player from my school. Jason Collier's death was a little more shocking, but this is really disturbing me for some reason. Alec is only a few years older than me and I feel really bad for his family. Real bad news like this puts the rest of that meaningless fake bad news in perspective. Godspeed Alec.

No comments: