I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, June 23, 2011

June Vintage Show Top Ten #5

This is one of those cards I never thought in a million years I'd get at the June vintage show.

BUT I DIIIIIIIID.....

1965 Topps #16 Houston 1965 Rookie Stars


Aww yeah! A Sonny Jackson rookie card! Sonny was a shortstop and center fielder for the Braves from 1968 to 1974. Tommy's best year was in 1966 with Houston where he came in second to Tommy Helms in the NL Rookie of the Year voting. Houston traded Sonny to the Braves after the 1967 season for Denny LeMaster and Denis Menke. Sonny was on the 1969 NL West Championship team, but only played one game in the -

OK FINE.

IT'S A JOE MORGAN ROOKIE CARD.

I HATE JOE MORGAN WORSE THAN STEVEN STRASBORK

IF I WAS IN A ROOM WITH ADOLF HITLER, OSAMA BIN LADEN AND JOE MORGAN AND I HAD A GUN WITH TWO BULLETS I'D WAIT UNTIL GARY BETTMAN WALKED IN THE ROOM, SHOOT GARY TWICE AND THEN CONCETRATE REALLY HARD AND KICK JOE IN THE NUTS.

Cause, you know, those other two guys are already dead. And fuck Gary Bettman. Let's just say I hate Joe Morgan. This is me hating Joe Morgan:  >:O


I got Joe's rookie card though. It's got a big crease on the corner, it's way off center and there's a blop of ink missing on the back near the number. But it's also a 1965 Topps card from the 1st series and I'm actively collecting that series. It was also three bucks. Same as a pack of Bowman. Aren't Hall of Fame rookie cards supposed to be expensive or something?? I'm having my beliefs on card values seriously shaken lately.

2 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I love it!!!

uh... shooting Gary bettman, not Joe Morgan....

Kevin said...

DAWW YOU BASTIGE! This is one of the 21 cards that I still need for my 1965 set. But good on ya - if you should find another, let me know.