I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

For the Braves Fans

I'm going to post all the Braves I pull out of my Heritage boxes here so I can show them off to all the Braves faithful out there. It will also be an unofficial team set checklist to remind me of which ones I need. I'll add to the post and bump it to the top as I pull and scan the cards.

4 Mark Teixeira

40 Tim Hudson

and black back


131 Brandon Jones RC


165 Buddy Carlyle

165 Jeff Francoeur


212 Fence Busters
Hall of Fame edition

Future Hall of Fame edition

218 Rafael Soriano

307 Kelly Johnson

312 Tom Glavine

362 Clint Sammons RC

356 Yunel Escobar


419 Team Card

440 John Smoltz

and Variation

and Lew for the hell of it

425 Brian McCann


450 Chipper Jones SP

451 Josh Anderson SP



Current Braves in their former team's uniform:

139 Jeff Ridgway


314 Mark Kotsay



Former Braves in their new team's uniform:

27 Greg Maddux

35 Adam LaRoche


230 Andruw Jones

239 Edgar Renteria



Annoying things that feature the Braves:

367 Troy Tulowitzki Triple Play

Relics and Inserts and Stuff
Eddie Mathews Flashback


Flashback Relic

John Smoltz Clubhouse Collection Relic

Andruw Jones Clubhouse Collection Relic


Smoltz/Fence Busters/Jones Ad Panel

A Couple of Buy Backs




Still tracking down:
Chuck James
Brian McCann All Star SP

14 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

atta boy! Show all the Braves... and Roachy too...

(man, Tommy looks like he's 83 in that pic)

Russ said...

If you don't get the SP McCann and Anderson cards, I have them and can scan them for you if need be.

dayf said...

Thanks for the offer for images, but the goal of this post is to make sure that every one of these cards makes its way into my braves team set. I don't have the short printed McCann card, but I did pull [spoiler] the short printed Chipper [end spoiler]. This post was inspired by Brian, who sent me a lot of swag from Canada and doesn't get to see a lot of Braves in the Great White North.

hartmanj said...

Keep those Braves coming.

Bay Rat North West said...

Topps put a funny little goatee on Glavine. It is so 6th grade tough guy.

Captain Canuck said...

completely off topic....

Michael Turner!!! Congrats Dave.

say goodbye to Dunn though....

Billy Suter said...

The pic of Soriano is the same as the one on his base Topps card.

Captain Canuck said...

anybody know about this variation?

Jon Smoltz, instead of John Smoltz?
Also, in the pic, he's a lefty???

dayf said...

GODDAMNIT TOPPS!!!

Rich said...

I have Chuck James and another card you might be interested in if you want to trade and can spare some Cleveland Indians.

Please look at my new blog (http://outofthemill.blogspot.com) for my Heritage box break so far.

Thanks!

Rich said...

I also have the Yunel Escobar card.

dayf said...

Trade offers really need to be e-mailed. It's in the profile. I can't find any contact info for you, but I'll be happy to trade.

Anonymous said...

Josh Annderson is #451

Anonymous said...

Thanks for changing Josh Anderson to #451