I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just Retire Already

Mike Hampton scratched literally 5 minutes before his start tonight.

If this isn't the team being overly cautious and not wanting Hampton to pitch in cold and potentially rainy conditions tonight, then Mike needs to just retire and get it over with. This might be something completely legit for all I know, but Bobby can't be begging the umps for more time to warm up an emergency starter whenever Mike pitches. Thankfully Jeff Bennett has stepped up and is pitching well with absolutely no warning.

In other news, Ted Turner is now completely insane.

UPDATE: strained left pec. Too bad he doesn't have huge pectoral muscles like this guy:

( can you believe that's the only pic of Ren's pec I can find on teh interwebs? what's the world coming to?)

3 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

Ted has always been good for a laugh... which I would be doing except for the sharp stabbing pain that I get everytime I start Hampton on my fantasy team....

Steve Gierman said...

Couldn't they give him pectoral implants made from Corky Miller's butt cheeks? Isn't that how Ren got his?

Anonymous said...

And now he's on the DL. AGAIN.

The blog which made the comment that Peter Moylan's entire major league career has occurred after Hampton's last start had a point.

And speaking of Moylan, I see Cox was smart enough not to run him out there for the fourth night in a row. Will Ohman, on the other hand....